Disable Automatic Replies reminder RRS feed

• Question

• I have two email accounts in Exchange. When I'm sending Automatic Replies from one of those accounts, Outlook shows a yellow bar reminding me that I'm sending Automatic Replies EVERY time I view my account. It's incredibly annoying. How do I prevent this reminder from showing continuously?

Jeff

Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:11 PM

Answers

• I'm now using Outlook 2016 and am delighted to learn that the reminder is only displayed once after I launch Outlook. I can now switch between my two email accounts, and the reminder does not show again as long as I don't restart Outlook.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by dawg89 Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

Based on your description, did you get the yellow bar as shown in the following figure?

As far as I know, there is no way to hide it, this bar is used to remind you have turned on this option. The X should turn it off for the current session.  Switching data files will turn it back on.

I suggest you open a second window to work with another account as a workaround.

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 14, 2015 6:10 AM
  • Not a helpful reply, Clark. My question is how to keep the alert hidden when Automatic Replies are on. The scenario here is that I have auto replies intentionally turned on but I'm still using email, and I don't want to be constantly reminded that auto replies are on.

Jeff

Monday, September 14, 2015 11:41 AM
  • Emi, using a second window seems like a good idea to prevent the annoying reminder. Thx for the idea.

Jeff

Monday, September 14, 2015 11:42 AM
  • This option is not available, You cannot change this through registry.

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:42 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

If you think my reply is helpful, I suggest you mark it as answer. Other partners who read the forums with the same issue can get more information from the correct result.

Thank you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:24 AM
  • I'm now using Outlook 2016 and am delighted to learn that the reminder is only displayed once after I launch Outlook. I can now switch between my two email accounts, and the reminder does not show again as long as I don't restart Outlook.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by dawg89 Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:19 PM