User does exist but doesn't exist in login screen. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I've been trying to search this problem up at google but I can't seem to find anyone in my situation. Anyways my account have been deleted from the login screen, basicly. I was in the SYSTEM ACCOUNT to see if I could change some settings in my computer. After I logged off, and tried to login to my normal account again. It was not there. Only the Administrator account to which I used to get into the SYSTEM ACCOUNT. Now, my user does exist. Because when I go into users in my documents

It is there, and the one im trying to get into is called "natalask". I've been trying to go and see if the account is disabled, but there is just 2 accounts that exists there where I  can choose to disable and enable accounts. Administrator and test, I created test after this I couldn't get into natalask by the way. Does anyone know my problem? How do I solve this?

Saturday, October 21, 2017 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm your question, what you want to do.
    Is it to copy files in "My Documents" of some account?
    Please explain more specific about what you want to do.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, October 22, 2017 5:00 AM
    Sunday, October 22, 2017 4:55 AM
  • Hi,

Boot into Safe Mode and see if it is shown on the login screen.

Go to command prompt run as administrator and type:

net user

to see if your account has been listed. 

If the account is hidden by you, you can unhide it by:

Type regedit in Search box,

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Select UserList, and in the right pane, right click on any blank space, and point to New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.

Name the new DWORD registry value name as natalask. Double click on DWORD registry value, and set the value data to 0 in oder to show the account from Welcome Screen.

Also, you can go to c:\user\folder to see if the profile is still there. If it is still there, you can create a new account and copy the files to the new account.

If you have create a system restore point, you can also perform a System Restore.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 4:59 AM
  • Hi, 

Do you benefit from the suggestions, any updates?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 8:08 AM