none
MIM portal: Unable to process your request RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    When I try to access the MIM 2016 portal using installation account 'miminstall' it throws an error unable to process your request. The event viewer generates the following error when I try to access portal:

    Event ID: 3

    Requestor: Internal Service
    Correlation Identifier: 1c15d6bd-a92e-4b37-ab64-e7b67eae8ea4
    Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Exceptions.UnwillingToPerformException: Other ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\Users\業獭牥楶散\AppData\Local\Temp\ax3nbhf5.dll' -- 'The directory name is invalid. '

       at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.XmlTypeObjectSerializer..ctor(Type type)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.ResourceManagementService.Get(Message request)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

    I don't know why it is throwing this strange error. I have checked the pool accounts in IIS and sharepoint farm accounts. Everything seems to be fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated

    Thanks,

    Vishnu

    Friday, August 16, 2019 3:46 PM

All replies

  • Looks like this was an extremely rare issue, no idea why the profile for our MIM service account was created with what appears to be Chinese characters Anyhow in our case we simply stopped the FIM service that was using this service account, deleted the profile, then logged in with the MIM service account to re-create the profile (which created it using the correct name (C:\Users\MIMService in our case) and restarted the service. 

    After doing this, the portal loaded OK in SharePoint.

    Cheers
    Brian


    Brian Lalancette | MCTS, MOSS 2007 / SharePoint 201x | https://autospinstaller.com | Twitter: @brianlala | Blog: http://blog.lalancette.ca


    Friday, August 30, 2019 6:29 PM