Delete PXE service point RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install a Distribution Point in 2012, by reusing a SCCM 2007 Distribution Point/PXE server, and removing these two roles this had installed and delete it from 2007, and add it to 2012 when it has no roles left nor any protected boundaries in 2007.

Is this an OK way to migrate a server to SCCM 2012?

The thing is that i get this error message when I try to delete the PXE role:

"This PXE Service point contains packages. Remove all packages from the PXE service point before removing the PXE service point role from this site system"

Do I need to delete packages from both Operating System Deployment AND Software Distribution?

Freddy

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• You have to remove the PSP from the 2007 server before you migrate it to 2012.

John Marcum | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jmarcum/|

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:21 PM
  • I am trying to install a Distribution Point in 2012, by reusing a SCCM 2007 Distribution Point/PXE server, and removing these two roles this had installed and delete it from 2007, and add it to 2012 when it has no roles left nor any protected boundaries in 2007.

Is this an OK way to migrate a server to SCCM 2012?

The thing is that i get this error message when I try to delete the PXE role:

"This PXE Service point contains packages. Remove all packages from the PXE service point before removing the PXE service point role from this site system"

Do I need to delete packages from both Operating System Deployment AND Software Distribution?

Freddy

Quick way, remove WDS on the DP server and add it back so it is cleanly configured.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Uhm... If you mean remove it from Site Management - SITE - Site Settings - Site Systems - right click on the server and choose delete, i cannot, don't have that option.

I can choose delete if i click on the server and choose Delete on the ConfigMgr PXE service point role.  That's when I get the error

Does this mean ALL packages, or only Operating System Deployment?

Freddy

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:41 PM
  • I did what you told me, now the server says Windows Deployment Services is not configured in the Server Manager.

When I now try to delete the ConfigMgr PXE service point role in the SCCM 2007 console, it still says

How can I delete 100 packages at the same time from this PXE server, in order to delete the role and migrate it to SCCM 2012?

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Found the solution by myself:

http://www.myitforum.com/articles/8/view.asp?id=8904

Freddy

• Marked as answer by CesarTabares Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:04 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:04 AM
  • Found the solution by myself:

http://www.myitforum.com/articles/8/view.asp?id=8904

Freddy

You removed the packages from the distribution point, we assumed you had. Thanks for letting us know you fixed!
    Friday, December 7, 2012 4:14 PM