Creating Outlook rules from the command line RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm looking into how to push out rules to 2016 Outlook Mac users. There are not any verbs for rules in the Outlook dictionary for AppleScript. I've tried manually copying the rule file, which looks like a GUID followed by an ".olk15Rule" extension. The file itself looks like gibberish. I used sqlite3 to read the Outlook database and I can see the file being called out in the table "Rules", but I can't see the actual text that defines what the rule does in the local database. I figure it might also be in the olk15 rule file, but apart from shelling out $70 for an olk reader to look at the data, I'm at a bit of a loss.

Has anyone else been able to successfully push out local rules to Macs before? In another thread I asked a similar question about signatures (which was much more fruitful), I was told that VB is not able to be used for Outlook for Mac.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid it is not feasible to push out rules to multiple Outlook for Mac users. We could only import the entire identity (including the rules) by copying the Main Profile folder at the exact same location on the other Mac. 

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, November 2, 2018 2:17 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 7:46 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 2, 2018 2:17 AM