MDT Selection profile vs DriverGroup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My question is related to driver handling. I was thinking that what is the difference between drivergroup and selection profile.

If I use %Make%\%Model% approach to set driver group and install drivers with that vs. selection profile that is set to install all drivers from selection profile X. both will have PnP ID driver detection disabled this way.

Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:26 AM

Answers

• DriverGroup and Selection Profiles will select drivers in the same manner; DriverGroup is more dynamic of the two options since you can use variables, as you've already indicated. The driver injection method is the same across the board. (And if you're using the DriverGroup method, you're likely setting the selection profile to "nothing" anyway.)

-Nick O.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:30 PM

All replies

• DriverGroup and Selection Profiles will select drivers in the same manner; DriverGroup is more dynamic of the two options since you can use variables, as you've already indicated. The driver injection method is the same across the board. (And if you're using the DriverGroup method, you're likely setting the selection profile to "nothing" anyway.)

-Nick O.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:30 PM
  • Thanks! 
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:06 AM