none
Include Project level into VIEWS, how? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I can only include task level into "Views".  Is there a way to include Project in "Views".  If you look under Table and Fields, I can only see (Task level). Was just wondering if we can force project level into view as well.  If yes, how.

Regards,

NLuu

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure what VIEWS you are refering to? MS Project views? If os, MS Project displays tasks so all informations are task/assignment data, defaut or custom fields. Note that you can display the project summary task (task 0) and show PROJECT custom fields which can be seen AND updated on this task 0.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:18 PM
  • I'm afraid, I'm not following what you just said.  The views I referred to created in the manage views for Task owner.  I don't seem to be able to include Project Level but Task level.  See highlighted below.  Our projects consisted of different releases.  We identify our release in the Project level and not Task level and I can't include in the view when they log on to their "my task" page.

Is this by design or I can't find the way to do it.  If I made change in the project level, it applies to the entire project.  Make sense?

NLuu

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:32 PM
  • Guillaume,

I was referring to My Task view on the PWA, currently I can only include custom field task level into view.  In the custom field/lookup, if I created Project level custom field, I can't seem to find a way to make it display in any View (Manage View) in the PWA. 

Can lookup Custom field project level/entity be added into any Views along with Task level or it is not doable.  There ought to be away to do this.  

NLuu

• Edited by NLuu Friday, October 18, 2019 9:11 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 9:05 PM
  • Hello,

Project level custom fields can be added to the "Project Center" views where you see project level data. Task custom fields are added to "Project" view where you see the task level data. These aren't available in the same view in PWA.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Saturday, October 19, 2019 5:53 PM
  • Paul,  thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers,

Nitaya

NLuu

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:51 PM
  • Paul,

I have another curious question.  Is there a way, that I can create a formula for custom filter containing project entity custom field and then include it a Task level. 

Here is my desire outcome.

1) Release was created in Project level

2) I have 3 views for Task View  1) Leader  2) Central  3) Task Owner.  

I would like to use formula to include Release in all 3 views.  Is this something doable?

Regards,

NLuu

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:59 PM