none
Unable to Add Users for MIM Portal Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to add users for access in our MIM Portal and no matter what I do, they get an access denied.  My AD account can access the portal without issue, but anyone else I add is not getting in.

I have verified the MPRS, General: Users can read non-administrative configuration resources and User management: Users can read attributes of their own, are enabled, NT Authority\Authenticated Users has Read access on the site under Site Administration>Permissions, and the user I am testing with has correct entries for their acccount's AccountName, Domain, and ObjectSID, but they still get an Access Denied error after adding them to the Administrators Set on the portal and performing an IISReset.

I have read numerous older forum posts and used various scripts from these links to verify everything seems correct.  What do I need to do to get AD users access to the Portal?

MIM Version:  4.4.1749.0

Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:29 PM

Answers

• Based on the error it looks like you're missing something. Read should be sufficient but I don't have one of these in front of me to see if there's additional options. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Marked as answer by TagTerror Monday, April 1, 2019 6:38 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2019 3:06 PM

All replies

• Which access denied error are you getting? Can you post a screenshot? 

Thanks,
    Brian

Sunday, March 31, 2019 9:59 PM
  • You can try with full IdentityManagement url.

http://<mimservername>:<portnumber>/IdentityManagement/default.aspx

Monday, April 1, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Hi Brian, I am trying to get my account verified so I can post images (not sure why it's not a simple process), but anyway, is just the:

Error:  Access Denied

Current User

Your are currently signed in as:  DOMAIN\USERNAME

Sign in as a different user

<- Go back to site

Once I am verified, I will get an actual screenshot posted.

Monday, April 1, 2019 1:58 PM
  • Hi Brian, I am trying to get my account verified so I can post images (not sure why it's not a simple process), but anyway, is just the:

Error:  Access Denied

Current User

Your are currently signed in as:  DOMAIN\USERNAME

Sign in as a different user

<- Go back to site

Once I am verified, I will get an actual screenshot posted.

You need to grant access to the actual SharePoint site. There's a checkbox in the MIM installer that does this but otherwise you can do it manually. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Monday, April 1, 2019 2:34 PM
  • NT Authority\Authenticated Users has read rights on the SharePoint site.  Do I need to give more rights than this here?
    Monday, April 1, 2019 2:37 PM
  • Based on the error it looks like you're missing something. Read should be sufficient but I don't have one of these in front of me to see if there's additional options. 

Thanks,
    Brian

• Marked as answer by TagTerror Monday, April 1, 2019 6:38 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2019 3:06 PM
  • I got it working, was  a SP permissions issue as you suspected.  Thanks so much Brian!
    Monday, April 1, 2019 6:38 PM