none
I am not able to open several applications in windows 8 due to error popup "The dependency service or group failed to start" even regedit, admin cmd? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

You can run Services.msc and look for what are the dependency services for the service.

Such as:

After you find out the dependencies, please check if these services can work properly.

In addition, for anyone still experiencing problems the way I fixed this was to reset my (TCP/IP) Protocol. To do this You can run Command Prompt as an administrator. And in the command line type:

netsh winsock reset

and then reboot the computer.

This issue is sometimes caused by the install or uninstall of a program that relies on the winsock structure to operate such as antivirus or anti spyware stuffs.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:40 AM