SCCM Distribution Manager failed to install RRS feed

• Question

• When I set up the DP I keep getting the error DM does not have sufficient rights to the computer error. I am an admin and running sccm with admin rights. Never see where it ask for log creds for the DP i am wanting to use. Any help would be great.
    Friday, October 20, 2017 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi 

During the site system server wizard if you dont specify an account then the computer account from the SCCM server will be usesd to try install the roles. You can add the SCCM server to the local admin of the server that is going to be used as a DP and that should fix the insufficent rights or you can specify an account. 

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Friday, October 20, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi 

During the site system server wizard if you dont specify an account then the computer account from the SCCM server will be usesd to try install the roles. You can add the SCCM server to the local admin of the server that is going to be used as a DP and that should fix the insufficent rights or you can specify an account. 

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Friday, October 20, 2017 5:50 PM
  • In general you should simply add the site server account as a local admin on the target server as noted by Geoff above.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, October 20, 2017 6:08 PM