none
Project Server 2010 Sincronization With Project Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, This is a question about Project Server 2010 regarding Project Sites Sincronization Against Project Server.

We have succesfully deployed Project Server 2010, it allows us to log in, stablish permisions, create projects and timesheets etc, til here all correct.

My question is next:

When we create a Project with project Server it also creates a site for that Project, but qhen we enter the site the alerts, problems, issues, and tasks lists are empty, is this the normal behaviour? I think that there's somehow we can sincronize the Project in project server with the site of the project.

In Project Server, when i go to System Settings \ Operational Policies \ Project Sites, there is in fact a Sincronize button, and it reads as follows:

"Click to Sincronize Users Permissions and other project server related information between Project Server and the web server running Microsoft sharepoint foundation", aha, so they sincronize, but as it reads... what does it sincronize users, permissions and OTHER SERVER RELATED INFORMATION?? i wonder if those are the tasks lists, is it possible to sincronize those? To sincronize tasks and lists from project server to project site?

Thanks a lot any help is greatly appreciated.

LLuís G.E.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Lluis,

The project site create for every project, when you publish the project very first time. all the list you can see on the project site, i.e. Issues/Risks/Deliverables etc are the default project site list and are meant to be empty unless you feed in the data.

the project site is dedicated to maintain all the issues/risk data related to the project on one central place, so that you can effectively collaborate with the other team members.

the task you can see on project site are not your project plan task, you could use them as non-project tasks and can assign them to your project team member to do that.

read this, its written for the Project 2007 workspaces - but its the same for Project 2010 as well:

http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=24

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:24 AM