windows vista theme doesnt work !!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

i downloaded and installed "mycolors" themes from the internet .....

after some days i uninstalled and also removed it completely from my laptop.....

then applied vista theme ..... But after restarting my laptop i saw that the theme appears as windows classic except the pointer symbol and the booting symbol which appears in windows vista theme....... i tried system file checker and also checked the c:/ for the vista theme folders and also repeated applying vista theme but again and agian it changes to windows classic look ..... my system is updated and my anti virus is also valid ... i use genuine vista ..... (home basic 32bit upgraded to service pack 1) .........

i dont know wat to do ......

plz help!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest that you create a new user profile, and then check if the issue occurs.

Create a new user account

====================

1. Click the Start Button, and then click Control Panel. 

2. Click Classic View in left panel. 

3. Double-click User Accounts.

4. Click Manage another use account.  

5. Click Create a new account, and type the name.

6. Choose account type as Computer administrator.

7. Click Create Account.

8. Log off and log on with the new account.

If the issue does not occur, use this profile instead of the problematic one. Follow the steps below to transfer personal data.

Transfer user profile

===============

1. Log on as the new user account (make sure the new user account has administrator privilege).

2. Click the Start menu, and click Computer.

3. Click the Organize button on the left top corner and choose Folder and Search Options.

4. Under View tab, check the "Show hidden files and folders" box and click OK to save settings.

5. Navigate to the C:\Users\(old user name) folder.

Note: The "old user name" refers to the user name of your old account. For example, if the user name of your old account is "Larry", the folder should be C:\Users\Larry.

5. Copy all files and folders in the C:\Users\(old user name) folder to the C:\Users\(new user name) folder.

Note: To copy all files, we can press Ctrl+A, and then Ctrl+C in the C:\Users\(old user name) folder. After that, navigate to the C:\Users\(new user name) folder, click Ctrl+V. Replace them with the new files.

Friday, November 21, 2008 9:12 AM

All replies

• Is Themes service work?

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:55 AM
  •  

when i click the themes icon going to the control panel ......

i can see vista theme and classic theme on the list......

but if i apply vista theme it changes to it temporarily

and gets back to classic theme on restart....

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest that you create a new user profile, and then check if the issue occurs.

Create a new user account

====================

1. Click the Start Button, and then click Control Panel. 

2. Click Classic View in left panel. 

3. Double-click User Accounts.

4. Click Manage another use account.  

5. Click Create a new account, and type the name.

6. Choose account type as Computer administrator.

7. Click Create Account.

8. Log off and log on with the new account.

If the issue does not occur, use this profile instead of the problematic one. Follow the steps below to transfer personal data.

Transfer user profile

===============

1. Log on as the new user account (make sure the new user account has administrator privilege).

2. Click the Start menu, and click Computer.

3. Click the Organize button on the left top corner and choose Folder and Search Options.

4. Under View tab, check the "Show hidden files and folders" box and click OK to save settings.

5. Navigate to the C:\Users\(old user name) folder.

Note: The "old user name" refers to the user name of your old account. For example, if the user name of your old account is "Larry", the folder should be C:\Users\Larry.

5. Copy all files and folders in the C:\Users\(old user name) folder to the C:\Users\(new user name) folder.

Note: To copy all files, we can press Ctrl+A, and then Ctrl+C in the C:\Users\(old user name) folder. After that, navigate to the C:\Users\(new user name) folder, click Ctrl+V. Replace them with the new files.

Friday, November 21, 2008 9:12 AM
  •  

hai buddy thanks ...

it worked alas!!!

thanks for the information.. i deleted the current account .. and now with the new one as you said!!!!

Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that.

Monday, November 24, 2008 1:42 AM
  • I did all the steps, but when I am going to copy my old users files, they are too big, even one of them, the document-map, is too big.. What to do ?
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:37 PM