Microsoft IntelliPoint 7 does not recognize 64-bit IE as a specific program to assign buttons? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using IntelliPoint 7.0.261.0. After I chose the listed Internet Explorer (not manually specify an executable) program and assigned specific button for the middle button, everything seems working fine. However, when I happened to open a 64-bit Internet Explorer, I found the middle button fell back to the default Flip function rather than the specific button I assigned. Then, I tried to add the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe by the Wizard but no more entry was added and there was still one Internet Explorer entry.

With the help of ProcMon, I finally located the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IntelliPoint\AppSpecific\iexplore.exe regkey where the button assignment is stored. Unfortunately, it seems that IntelliPoint is limitted to assign buttons when several different applications with the same process name (for example, 32-bit/64-bit). Is this a by-design issue?

Wish MSFT could consider supporting an executable with an abosolute path in the future release. Thank you!
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:58 PM