Please add kinect support for Skype for Business on PC !! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody!

TLDR: Microsoft please make the Kinect work with Skype for business, or build a custom one that does.

I am a trainer for a large IT company and one of our challenges is delivering high quality remote training courses.  I believe you have both the hardware and software in place to help make those online training courses, and meetings great.  Your Kinect for the Xbox One, and Skype for Business is that answer.  Skype offers flexible communications for screen share, audio, and video.  The Kinect is a high quality video camera with auto focus and zoom capabilities that is built to follow a user as they move through a limited space.

The problem is that the Kinect only works with Skype using third party software that is difficult to configure, and not going to be approved by any IT department. 

I would love it if you could release a driver that supports the current Kinect hardware for Skype on PC's.

Alternately, it would be even better if there were some kind of communications specific version with a speaker as well as connections for external mic and speakers.  This could cost about twice as much as the current Kinect and would probably still be picked up for meeting and training purposes in enterprise environments.

If anyone else agrees, or has other ideas, please pile on :-D

• Edited by i4get2 Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:50 PM formatting
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:48 PM

All replies

• +1 to this. I am in exactly the same situation. In fact, I piloted the idea of ordering and configuring a kinect for use as a virtual classroom aid. Unfortunately, my corporate system blocked  all of the 3rd party drivers which allowed for this kind of integration. I know that my organization/business would also be happy to invest in something which provided such a powerful method to engage our students.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:12 PM
  • Feedback can also be shared here 

http://www.skypefeedback.com/.

Although this site is not controlled by Microsoft, but the product team will review these ideas. With your feedback, our engineers can get more familiar with your need and further improve our product. Thank you for working closely to improve our products and service.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, February 9, 2017 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:11 AM
  • This is an awesome idea and the application would not be limited to training (though I can totally see it) only but home and office conferencing

+1

Jedi Hammond Dell Services

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:54 PM