Installing Performance Point in a distributed environment RRS feed

• Question

• I was reading the white paper about installing Performance Point in a distributed environment.  It was a little unclear how to attach Performance Point Monitoring server to a SharePoint server Farm. I have a few questions about this.    

What I'm wondering is do I run the PSCsrv.msi on all the Web Front Ends for SharePoint?  I did run the PSCsrv.msi on the Monitoring server and pointed it to a external SQL server.     I also found some documents talking about the app pools on both the monitoring server and SharePoint WFE's need to be the same.  

Do anyone have any info that could help me with a full distributed environment.   We have also distributed the Reporting services and Analysis services each of them have their own SQL servers.   We are doing a full Distributed environment. 

Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:40 PM

Answers

• (Moved Thread to PPS Monitoring Forum)

Hello,

To answer your question, yes you need to install Dashboard Viewer for SharePoint Services on all servers in the SharePoint Farm.  It is also recommended that the Monitoring App Pools and the SharePoint AppPool be the same account. 

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:43 PM

All replies

• (Moved Thread to PPS Monitoring Forum)

Hello,

To answer your question, yes you need to install Dashboard Viewer for SharePoint Services on all servers in the SharePoint Farm.  It is also recommended that the Monitoring App Pools and the SharePoint AppPool be the same account. 

Aseem Nayar - MSFT

Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:43 PM
  • I assume I don't need to install it on the SharePoint SQL server just the Web Front Ends and the Indexing server?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:46 PM
  • If you are deploying a dashboard to that server then the Viewer needs to be installed.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:12 PM