resolution settings change to 600x400 on startup after the high res appears RRS feed

• Question

• I just re-installed XP.  I have a core 2 duo, and Radeon 4600 vidcard.   For some reason, on startup or restart, the screen appears normal for ten seconds and then (seemingly spontaneously) and shifts to the low res mode.  I have to reset the resolution every time the computer starts.   How do I fix this??  I've been over msconfig many times, to no effect.
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:44 PM

All replies

• Sounds like a problem with the video driver.  Ensure you have the most current ATI driver installed.  If necessary, uninstall the current driver and install it again.  If this doesn't help, then you video card may be bad.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by MilitaryMan3 Friday, July 29, 2011 4:11 PM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Exactly what Rick said. It is an issue with the video card, be it a driver or the hardware itself failing.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Only driver or the hardware itself failing,like a problem with the video driver.

Yedek Parça
    Friday, July 29, 2011 2:54 PM