locked
Some offerings are missing user input, some are not mapping to activites RRS feed

  • Question

  • Seemingly out of the blue my system has stopped mapping request offering answers to (manual) activities (mapping to the SR itself works), neither OotB properties or custom properties. This only happens when submitting them from the portal (ALL offerings)

    Also, some requests are even missing user input (and obviously no mapping is possible).

    This issue seem to affect all users. Even admins

    I have tried restarting the web content server and also the website on the sharepoint server. I have also tried creating a brand new template and offering in a brand new MP.

    I have been able to track down a ca. point in time this issue arose, but not found anything in logs anywhere (except SMPortalTrace). Checked web content server event log and website log, SQL log, event log on both management servers.

    I have checked the SMPortalTrace.log and for every request submitted I get an error (not visible in the portal) - some is in danish, so I have translated at the best of my ability:

    Failed to parse the description with links., System.ArgumentNullException: [ArgumentNull_Generic]
    Ressourcestrings for troubleshooting is not available. Keys and arguments often contains enough information to start the troubleshooting a problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30214.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=ArgumentNull_Generic
    ParameterName: input
    At System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches (String input)
    At Microsoft.Enterprisemanagement.ServiceManager.Portal.RequestOfferingSilverlightModule.UriParser.ParseDescription(string description)

    The system is SCSM 2012 R2 UR2 (except the SP part of the portal)

    Update:

    I found that if the user input is missing even from the SR then the error does not present itself in the SMPortalTrace.log, only if the user input goes through (but is not mapped to activities).


    http://codebeaver.blogspot.dk/




    Friday, August 1, 2014 11:47 AM

Answers

  • The issue seems to be related to a syntactically valid type projection in the Service Request form (customized) - I added a component to the existing projection. As the template that a request offering is based on has a reference to this projection I guess the code that creates the Service Request submitted from the portal somehow ignores the "unwanted" type projection component, and instead of not submitting the request it continues but is unable to map into child activities. I will try and reproduce this in more detail.

    Solution: Revert to original type projection in the SR form and everything went back to normal.


    http://codebeaver.blogspot.dk/



    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:05 PM