SFB Online, federation for a CMS subdomain RRS feed

• Question

• If my federation SRV for my online domain is set, say for example.com, can I set a different SRV for a subdomain, say for video.example.com to point for my onpremises cisco cms (via expressway) setup ?
    Saturday, March 11, 2017 7:01 PM

All replies

• Is sip.subdomain added as an additional sip on O365?

Do u have an Hybris set up?

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer

• Edited by Akabe Sunday, March 12, 2017 12:49 PM
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 12:39 PM
  • Hello,

no this is not a Hybrid setup.

sip.subdomain has not been added as an additional sip on O365.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:26 PM
  • Thnx

can you shower some more light on what you are trying to achieve

about the current set up and where is subdomain hosted.

Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:37 PM
  • Company is using O365 SfB.

On premises there is Cisco Meeting server and Cisco Expressway E (no Microsoft Edge).

Need to setup a federation SRV for the on-premises domain.

So calls to say xyz@video.example.com go to the onpremises Expressway E, while calls to abc@example.com still go to O365 SfB clients.

Technically I can add this federation SRV for video.example.com on my DNS register to point to my onpremises server, but will calls from O365 SfB clients to Cisco Meeting server work ? Any problems there ?

Sunday, March 12, 2017 5:15 PM
  • I think you need to integrate Cisco VCS solution with SFB for calling to meeting place from SFB client .If my understanding is correct you may need static route configuration from SFB side

http://lyncforum.blogspot.in/2012/11/lync-with-cisco-vcs-integrationhd.html

Jayakumar K

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:25 AM
  • Hi gether,

As I am concerned, we could configure a different SRV record for sub-domain. Reference with the Expressway X8.9 release notes:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-9.pdf

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:10 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Company is using O365 SfB.

On premises there is Cisco Meeting server and Cisco Expressway E (no Microsoft Edge).

Need to setup a federation SRV for the on-premises domain.

So calls to say xyz@video.example.com go to the onpremises Expressway E, while calls to abc@example.com still go to O365 SfB clients.

Technically I can add this federation SRV for video.example.com on my DNS register to point to my onpremises server, but will calls from O365 SfB clients to Cisco Meeting server work ? Any problems there ?

Hello Gether,

1. First i would request you to view below article. E1 and E3 subscription offer the Cloud PBX license Add-On:-

- https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Skype-for-Business-add-on-licensing-3ed752b1-5983-43f9-bcfd-760619ab40a7?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

2. I dont think it would be possible without a trust relation between the two (I.e. between the primary SIP domain i.e. O365 and Secondary domain that is hosted on prem. For this you would require a hybrid setup 

Federation will require Edge server role and without that federation wont be possible. Also considering O365 will use its own PBX system on cloud for EV 

I may be wrong but this is what i feel 

For more details, a similar thread:-

- https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/2568bc2d-a89c-4bf1-bc41-fe88a80e7804/skype-for-business-online-with-on-premise-cisco?forum=sfbfr

• Edited by Akabe Monday, March 13, 2017 12:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:10 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 12:13 PM