none
Enable/Disable BHO(Browser Helper Object) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Masters,

I'm a newbie in BHO development(add-in on IE), i have a question for you

I want enable just My BHO Add-In automation as long as i installed done, How to do it?

Thanks

Tuan Nguyen.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can enable/disable BHOs by adding/removing a DWORD registry value called "Flags" with a value of 1 to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\<BHO CLSID>

1 means disabled, 0 means enabled.

In addition, as this issue is mainly related to IE development, I suggest discussing it in our MSDN forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?category=iedevelopment

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Hi Tony,

I tried with your solution but it's working with me, because

When new application has just installed, we will meet an DWORD file NewInstallPromptCount also stay on this path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\<BHO CLSID>

When i set value of Flags file as 1(Disabled) ->  NewInstallPromptCount file auto removed, but not my intent

When i set value of Flags file as 0(Enabled) ->  NewInstallPromptCount file auto created, i saw a default popup to Enable or Don't enable add-on

Thanks

Tuan Nguyen.

Friday, February 17, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:01 AM
  • Hi Tony,

After try to do as your suggest, it's still not working with me.

I'm finding a new way to enable BHO.

Edited: I have just done how to enable BHO automation

1/ Beside to set 0 or 1 on key name

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\<BHO CLSID>

2/ You also go to key name

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Approved Extensions
     - Add as this template {BHOGuildId}|REG_BINARY|Approve value

Ex: 

{a5a909c5-726b-4441-a17f-fc1e36116e50)|REG_BINARY|51 66 7A 6C 4C 1D 3B 1B E4 F8 27 AE AF 05 5F 78 B4 DA 16 A4 C5 37 5F 05

Note: I think my current Approve value is standard of Microsoft, may be it will not working for you(you can set active on popup and go back to your registry to view correctly Approve value). 

Thanks

Tuan Nguyen.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved by yourself. Thanks for sharing,I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition.Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful:)

• Marked as answer by Tuan Nguyen 88 Friday, February 24, 2017 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:26 AM