Outlook 2016 Not Connecting to Exchange2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot connect my newly updated Outlook 2016 to my Ex2010 server.  Im reading online that I need to "publish autodiscover".  What does that mean and how is that accomplished?

TIA

Scott

Monday, December 7, 2015 5:36 PM

Answers

• Are you trying to connect internally or from the Internet?

Internally, configure the URL using Set-ClientAccessServer -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri.  Externally, autodiscover.company.com (where company.com is your e-mail domain) must reach the Exchange server, as well as the hostname you use for Outlook Anywhere, e.g., webmail.company.com.  For either, you need a valid SSL certificate with both names that is trusted by the client.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:24 AM

All replies

• Are you trying to connect internally or from the Internet?

Internally, configure the URL using Set-ClientAccessServer -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri.  Externally, autodiscover.company.com (where company.com is your e-mail domain) must reach the Exchange server, as well as the hostname you use for Outlook Anywhere, e.g., webmail.company.com.  For either, you need a valid SSL certificate with both names that is trusted by the client.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:24 AM
  • Hi,

Please add more detailed information about your issue.

Please confirm whether the issue happens to all outlook 2016 users or a specific user to narrow down the issue to client side or server side.

If the issue occurs on one user, please try to create a new profile to test.

If the issue occurs on many users, I suggest  we can do an Outlook connectivity test with https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ and see what went wrong.

Regards,

David         

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:23 AM