Looping Google RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same issue as another thread. When I try to open outlook, the google sign-in box continually pops up, freezing me out of everything. So the suggestions you gave Thuyen(?), won't work for me because I can do nothing until the popup is resolved, which it never is, in spite of continually signing in.  All of my contacts are in outlook and I need access to them.  Help!  (And thanks in advance!)  I have Office 365, and a gmail account, which I don't want to open in Outlook.
    • Edited by Ayleira Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:03 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Ayleria,

What specific operations did you do before this problem occurred? What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Have you configured your gmail account on Outlook desktop client? How about type your password to sign in?

In this situation, please try enabling 2-Step Verification password and use this password to sign in. For more details, please refer to: Video: Set up Gmail accounts.

>> I have Office 365, and a gmail account, which I don't want to open in Outlook.

You have a Office 365 account and a gmail account? Please try creating and using a new Outlook profile to configure your Office 365 account via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.(Office 365 email accont will synced data from server)

Which thread do you refer to? Besides, please provide me with more details about your issue.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Ayleria,

What specific operations did you do before this problem occurred? What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Have you configured your gmail account on Outlook desktop client? How about type your password to sign in?

In this situation, please try enabling 2-Step Verification password and use this password to sign in. For more details, please refer to: Video: Set up Gmail accounts.

>> I have Office 365, and a gmail account, which I don't want to open in Outlook.

You have a Office 365 account and a gmail account? Please try creating and using a new Outlook profile to configure your Office 365 account via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.(Office 365 email accont will synced data from server)

Which thread do you refer to? Besides, please provide me with more details about your issue.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:05 AM
  • Hi, Aiden, Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I will try the things you suggested above and get back to you.
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 5:32 PM
  • Hey again, Aiden so, the only thing that happened prior to this pop-up issue, was that it was time for me to renew my subscription to Office, which I did. I assume that then updates happened, That’s when this began happening in Outlook. I should share that I never use Outlook for Mail. I only use it for distribution lists and address books. It has all of my contacts, as opposed to anywhere else, because I really like the format they offer. I went into network settings and changed SMTP.Gmail to googlemail and the same with IMAP. Made no difference. I tried uninstalling office and reinstalling it again - made no difference. I went into control panel and did change and repair, the longer version, made no difference.The problem when this pop-up box comes up is that it freezes me out of taking any further action, anywhere, and I I literally can do nothing while it’s still up. I try signing in on that Google box over and over, and it keeps popping up. So yesterday, honestly, maybe the repair took a little longer than expected, and I also tried to disconnect my Gmail account from outlook, but it seems to have resolved itself (yay!) and given me access to my personal contact list! The other thread is by a person named Thuyuven. I should have posted there, but I’m new to these boards and I somehow lost it. I do really appreciate your help thank you very much. I’m sure I’ll be back!
    • Edited by Ayleira Friday, February 14, 2020 7:27 PM
    Friday, February 14, 2020 6:33 PM