Convert DBX to EML RRS feed

• Question

• What is the best solution to convert Outlook Express to EML file format. I am little bit confused that EMLX file of Apple Mail and EML file are the same. Please help to get clear about the EML file format and solution to convert DBX to EML

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Jane,

This forum is for general questions and feedback related to Microsoft Outlook client. Since your question is related to Outlook Express, I'd recommend you post a new question to the following forum to get further assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs?tab=Threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 22, 2017 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Natalie_C Friday, September 29, 2017 10:28 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:31 AM
  • Hi, 

I would like to add another solution that can helps you to convert dbx to eml impeccably.

First of all discuss the manual solution.

1. Install Thunderbird on your system
    2. Click on Import option in Tools
    3. Select Outlook Express and Click Next
    4. Choose DBX files from storage location
    5. Click Next

By above process DBX files get imported into Thunderbird.

Then after you need to only export files using the export option in the Menu bar. By this way you can convert DBX to EML.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards

Justin Hansen

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Jane,

This forum is for general questions and feedback related to Microsoft Outlook client. Since your question is related to Outlook Express, I'd recommend you post a new question to the following forum to get further assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs?tab=Threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 22, 2017 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:31 AM
  • You can convert Outlook Express DBX to EML with the help of manual method or you can try tools.

As we know that DBX and EML both the file formats can be accessed in Outlook Express. But, the .dbx  format file can be read only in Outlook Express whereas a .eml file format can be viewed in Outlook Express as well as in some other email clients.

http://expert-advice.org/2017/01/convert-dbx-pst-format-migrate-outlook-express-ms-outlook/

http://expert-advice.org/2017/01/manually-convert-eml-pst-format-windows-live-mail-ms-outlook/
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:42 AM
  • Hi, 

I would like to add another solution that can helps you to convert dbx to eml impeccably.

First of all discuss the manual solution.

1. Install Thunderbird on your system
    2. Click on Import option in Tools
    3. Select Outlook Express and Click Next
    4. Choose DBX files from storage location
    5. Click Next

By above process DBX files get imported into Thunderbird.

Then after you need to only export files using the export option in the Menu bar. By this way you can convert DBX to EML.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards

Justin Hansen

Sorry for the late reply :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( ........!!!!!

Thanks all of you guys to help me out with dbx to eml conversion. The solution provided by you peoples are really out of the box. Thanks Steve Fan, Justin Hansen, David Advice. You guys really doing great job by helping others. Keep it up and continue doing great things

• Marked as answer by Natalie_C Monday, November 27, 2017 4:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Natalie_C Monday, November 27, 2017 4:40 AM
    Friday, September 29, 2017 10:33 AM
  • There are multiple third party tools available on the internet, you just need to find right solution. i have used Softaken DBX To EML Converter Tool when i required same issue and got accurate result.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 12:26 PM
  • If you're looking for a way to convert Outlook Express emails into EML format, you should use the Windows Live Mail application. It has a built-in Import feature by using which you can successfully import the email messages from Outlook Express. The Windows Live Mail application saves the email messages in EML format. 

EML and EMLX both store email messages. However, there's a difference between these two files. EMLX file is created by Apple's Mac OS X Mail program, whereas EML is the default file format of Windows Live Mail.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:14 PM