Upgrade Evaluation Versionn to Licence Version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We downloaded SQL Server 2008 R2 enterprise edition from Microsoft site which were 180 days trial version. Now trial period has been expired and we want to convert it into license version. For that I read somewhere that we just need to click on upgrade version and need to enter product key. Once we enter it,all is set. But our problem is I asked to Admin team of my company and they told that for our corporate license we don't have product key but we have license version setup. Now I don't know how can I convert my evaluation version to license version without entering product key.

Please help me. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Mohit Leekha

Monday, November 7, 2011 12:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I understand you have the option to upgrade before the evaludation version is expired,and now as its expired you might have to proceed and do a uninstall and configure Enterprise again.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/e8a7f621-fe68-41da-9dcc-1197407e940e 

Anup | Forum Support| If you think my suggestion is useful, please rate it as helpful. If it has helped you to resolve the problem, please Mark it as Answer.
    • Proposed as answer by Iric Wen Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:09 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 6:05 PM
  • How to upgrade an expired installation of SQL Server 2008 Evaluation Edition to a retail version of SQL Server 2008

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2020443

However.....

If this is going to be a production server, do yourself the favor of re-installing the OS and installing a brand spanking new copy of SQL. Hassle? Maybe, but better than "weird" results from your server later.

Monday, November 7, 2011 11:01 PM
  • Hi Mohit,

Read the following article Manually Uninstalling SQL Server 2008 to follow the steps to successfully uninstall SQL Server 2008. The same steps are applicable to uninstall SQL Server 2008 R2.

Hope that Helps!

Cheers,
    Ashish Kumar Mehta

Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem and Vote as Helpful if a Post is Helpful!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:54 AM