Your Computers Trusted Platform module has Malfunctioned RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the last few days I have had to reset my Network settings using the windows 10 network reset function.

This has resulted in my VPN no longer being able to sign in to our Windows 2012 server, I can no longer sign into OneNote or TO DO.

The VPN tells me the encryption method is not recognised.

When I sign into OneNote I get and error 80090016 Server message: Keyset does not exist

I am on Windows 10 build 

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

On a Surface Laptop

I have searched for solutions and cannot find anything that will fix this so far.

This is now becoming critical as I am no longer able to work remotely.

Please can someone help me?

Monday, January 20, 2020 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can try to open file explorer and browse to the location:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC and then delete everything within that folder. More specific details you could refer to the following link:

Solution to Windows Sign In Error 0x80090016

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/17fcf29e-b02d-491c-a40c-9a6c085797b9/solution-to-windows-sign-in-error-0x80090016?forum=win10itprogeneral

If the question is not resolved, for further help, I suggest you submit a new case on Network Infrastructure Servers forum directly as they will be more professional on your issue.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperating.

Best Regards

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:35 AM