none
fprward to multiple recipients.

Question

• I have a VM containing Exchange 2010 using the 2008R2 server. all runnning 64 bit. Exchange has woked well for over a year. When I set up an AD account for apply and then make a email account in exchange only 1 of the emails gets forwarded. We have tried using a distrubution group and from within th applyemail account
    Friday, July 28, 2017 9:47 PM

All replies

• Friday, July 28, 2017 9:48 PM
  • AS you can see I have tried both methods and I did uncheck require authetication to see if that helped even thoughthe apply as well as the other 3 emails all reside in the same Domain server and Exchange. Exchange is on a seperate VM from the PDC but all the same domain. 1 of the 3 forwards works. the other 3 arent  soo I'm scratching my bald head...:/
    Friday, July 28, 2017 9:52 PM
  • What are you trying to do?  Are you trying to send copies of every e-mail sent to a particular mailbox to multiple other mailboxes?  If so, make a distribution group containing all of the mailboxes to which you want the mail forwarded, then in the Delivery Options tab, select the Forward to checkbox and specify the distribution group.

If you're trying to do something else, please tell us exactly what you're trying to do.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, July 28, 2017 10:18 PM
  • Yes I am tryign ot forward email to 3 internal users. We tried the distrubution list as you said but only 1 of the 3 accounts gets forwarded. The config on the right above was trying that method. I blocked out the last names for privacy reasons. Using the disctrubution group method I added the users and they show in both the Members and the Group information tabs. I cant figure out whats rong from there.
    Friday, July 28, 2017 10:50 PM
  • Please explain exactly and completely what you are trying to do.  Your statement above suggests to me that I don't understand and maybe you don't either.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, July 28, 2017 11:00 PM
  • Use Powershell to set up autoforwarding

set-mailbox <Mailbox> -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true -ForwardingAddress <Distribution Group Email address>

Example : 

set-mailbox user1 -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true -ForwardingAddress abc@xyz.com

Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:10 AM
  • Hi PAul,

Any update about your issue after configure forward setting by Set-Mailbox?

All screenshots in your reply are related to "Send on behalf" permission, instead of forwarding.
    If you want to configure forwarding, check "Forward to:" and select the DG as you want.

More details, for your reference:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351134(v=exchg.141).aspx

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:06 AM