none
User Prompted for Logon Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of users who have been working that are not getting prompted to enter their network credentials in order to access PWA.  This has happened 2 weeks after we have upgraded to Project Server 2010 SP1.

We have seen this a few times in the past and it seems to go away on its own.  I need to understand what is going on and how fo correct it for these users.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to resolve this? 

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Smith

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:11 PM

All replies

• They are not prompted to access PWA means:

1. they are directly taken inside PWA? or

2. they can not access PWA?

Abhijeet M. Mohite --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful";. If it answered your question, Plase "Mark as Answer"

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Hi.

I think it's about the internet options.

In the internet options, go to security and then go to "custom level" (If your PWA is a trusted site, go tu the custom level of the trusted site)

and there (the last option of the list : user authentification => Logon) look if you ask to be prompt for authentification or if that use windows authentification ...

let me know if that helped you.

Sock.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Agreed with Sock's advice. Apart from that, can you please
    1. Clean up the IE temp/cache along with stored form user names and password, and try again logging with respective user on the machine.
    2. Delete the stored user credential from the control panel user accounts section, also in IE under advanced tab, enable "prompt for password while logging.

Please let us know the result.

If you found this post helpful, Please "Vote as Helpful";. If it answered your question, Please "Mark as Answer". Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:31 AM