Chrome appears to cause a fault in AudioDG.exe via MMDeviAPI.DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Title says it all, at random times with anything with HTML5 sounds or flash, all my sound will stop system wide, video will still play but the event viewer will pop up with this error.

Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7abf9
    Faulting module name: MMDevAPI.DLL, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdf68
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000001b4de
    Faulting process id: 0xeac
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cea438e7d45b5f
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\MMDevAPI.DLL
    Report Id: cc83492b-102d-11e3-b7ee-6cf0497e5d96

So I know what's causing more or less, it seems limited to the new chrome installation and anything with HTML 5 or flash sounds,  but sometimes doing a call on skype causes the same thing. It seems random, but always attached to some form of audio/video presentation on my PC, never occurs unless Chrome or Skype is open however.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:23 PM

All replies

• do you use the latest audio drivers?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:10 AM
  • It seems to be an audio driver problem.

if you don't have the latest drivers check your audio manufacturer website to download the latest drivers.

If you have the latest driver check if you can install an older version (it's Always possible the latest have an undiscovered bug).

Have you tried reinstalling your existing drivers?

Don't forget about Alt+Esc!

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:25 AM
  • I've tried rolling back to an earlier driver, and it just made my sound drivers fail entirely. It's Realtek Hidh Definition Audio from my Mobo, so getting the right drivers is a bit of a detective game, trying to figure out if Gigabyte or Realtek's drivers are the most recent, since they number differently.

However, it's a VERY recent problem.
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:52 AM