NLB error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Sorry, me again.

Am trying to configure NLB on a UAG array (2 VMs). No issues when I configure the array and activate. When I then try and configure NLB (on the external NIC) through the console I get the following error:

NLB settings could not be configured. Unexpected error [0xc0040352].

The activation monitor shows that the activation of the master failed (with the error above), but activation of the member array succeeded!

Have had a look in the logs folder but not much to help troubleshoot this, just  "server1 added to collection with status: Failed".

Any help greatly received.

Thanks

Mark.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:45 AM

All replies

• Do you have a firewall between the internal NICs of your VMs and/or between the UAG servers and the corporate network? Also, have you confirmed that the UAG and TMG versions are exactly the same on both VMs?
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:06 PM
  • thanks for the reply Jordan.

no firewall between the internal NICs of the UAG and the corp netwrk, but the UAG boxes are in a seperate domain. But am trying to NLB the external NICs, not the inetrnal NICS and have confirmed the external NIC is selected during the NLB config wizard.

Exactly the same config (afaik) on both UAG servers.

Thanks again.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:17 PM
  • Even though you are trying to establish NLB only on the external NICs, the communications between the UAG servers happens over the internal network as far as I know. Your username could be factoring into this as well. You say they are in different domains, is it possible that the account you're logged into and making changes from is not able to validate or be permissed to make the necessary changes on the other node?

Unfortunately I have not tried this particular scenario before so I don't have a sure answer on what you should be able to expect or whether or not it is supported.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Just to clarify.. both my UAG servers are in the same domain. Just the Ext and Int NICs are on different VLANS. The UAG servers are in a different domain to the corp/internal servers.

The array config went fine (using the int NIC I guess), just the NLB config throwing up errors :-(

Cheers

Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:33 PM
  • all fixed.

I had the external IP subnet range configured in the internal NIC settings in the UAG admin config.

:-)

Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:12 PM
  • all fixed.

I had the external IP subnet range configured in the internal NIC settings in the UAG admin config.

:-)

Ooops, that will do it :)
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Friday, January 27, 2012 1:00 AM