none
PWA 2010 error when i try to open the project name in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, this is my first post.

Im having a trouble with our Project Server, when i try to open the project name in Project Center it gives me an error like this:

ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralUnhandledException Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructore to access all error information 

Stack Trace: 
    [SoapException: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralUnhandledException Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructore to access all error information]
       Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebServiceProxy.PWA.WorkflowGetProjectDrilldownInformation(Guid projectUid, String userPropToClear, Boolean bCheckOutProject) +401
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ProjectDrillDownPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +822
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

And also when i try to open the document that associated with the project in project center it gives me an error like this :

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralUnhandledException Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructore to access all error information

Source Error:
    Line 12:    bool LoadLinkItemsPage = (Request.QueryString["Task"] != null);
    Line 13: 
    Line 14:    ProjectWSSInfoDataSet ds = PJContext.Current.PSI.WssInteropWebService.ReadWssData(ProjectGuid);
    Line 15:    if (ds !=  null && ds.ProjWssInfo.Rows.Count > 0)
    Line 16:    {

Source File: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\PWA\COMMON\wssnav.aspx    Line: 14 

Stack Trace:
    [SoapException: ProjectServerError(s) LastError=GeneralUnhandledException Instructions: Pass this into PSClientError constructore to access all error information]
       Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebServiceProxy.WssInterop.ReadWssData(Guid projectUID) +377
       ASP._layouts_pwa_common_wssnav_aspx.PJWebPage_OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\PWA\COMMON\wssnav.aspx:14
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJWebPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

has anyone experienced this before and might be able to help? Thank you!

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi chris, yes the sharepoint project still exist. However, i have solved the problem. I just restart : Windows service Sharepoint Service iis reset And it works again. But i dont know what the cause of the problems.
    • Marked as answer by hendy_blink Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:11 AM

All replies

• Can you confirm that the sharepoint project site still exists for that project?

Chris

Chris Givens CEO, Architecting Connected Systems Blog Twitter

Monday, February 25, 2013 10:26 PM
  • Hi chris, yes the sharepoint project still exist. However, i have solved the problem. I just restart : Windows service Sharepoint Service iis reset And it works again. But i dont know what the cause of the problems.
    • Marked as answer by hendy_blink Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:11 AM
  • Hi Hendy, I'm having the same trouble like yours in our Project Server, how to solve this issue ?
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:11 AM
  • For what it's worth, given the age of this question, I've found that stopping and starting the Project Application Service on each server via Central Admin is less disruptive to the rest of your farm when using Project Server in a larger SharePoint farm.

IISRESET will cause active user sessions to be disconnected and could result in lost data.
    I also found that recycling the app pool associated with my Project Server web application in IIS and restarting the web site did not resolve this situation so the IISRESET is not a guaranteed fix.

Targeting only the Project Application Service from Central Admin removes this minor risk and actually restored access to our Project Sites.

N03L.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:41 PM