changing Local Group Memberships RRS feed

• Question

• As administrator, I added a certain user as a member to a Local Group.  I used my admin tools to see that he was in fact in the group.  The user checked that he was in the group by the command  "net user xxxxxx"  which showed he was in the group.  But the user did not have the privileges of the group.  The user had to log out then log back in, then he had the new privileges.

Is there a way to make the new privileges take effect without the user logging out and logging in?

Am running Windows XP Pro.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:46 PM

Answers

• Always when you add a user in a group it is necessary to do a new login. It is necessary to re-validate the credentials and ACLs. I don't know another way to grant access without do it.

Daniel Lima

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Yes, log out and log in is required for these changes. Or you may reboot. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:37 AM

All replies

• Always when you add a user in a group it is necessary to do a new login. It is necessary to re-validate the credentials and ACLs. I don't know another way to grant access without do it.

Daniel Lima

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Yes, log out and log in is required for these changes. Or you may reboot. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:37 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.

- blackboot

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:35 PM