If the sccm client installation failed in OSD, will it affect the system to join domain also ? RRS feed

• Question

• I m having a issue where i see that the sccm client installation getting failed after that system is also not joining the domain the error comes  is the "the trust relationship failed between workstation and primary domain " .

If the sccmclient not installed can it really affect a system to join domain also ?

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Arunrana5050,

==>If the sccm client not installed can it really affect a system to join domain also?
    Based on my experience, no, it won't affect a system to join domain. If you are using Apply Network Settings TS step to specify the network or workgroup configuration information for the destination computer. The task sequence stores these values in the appropriate answer file. Windows Setup uses this answer file during the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr action.

Please make sure the network settings are configured correctly, then review the setupact.log, setuperr.log and netsetup.log to see if there is any further information for troubleshooting.

For more information, please refer to: Joining a domain during an OS deployment

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:10 AM

All replies

• This error generally happen when you revite a VM and the computer Password was changed.

It also might happen if the time on the computer is more than 15 minutes off from the domain. 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:47 PM
  • Well i checked the time difference, it is OK  and the system which is re imaging is not a VM it is a local physical laptop .

But i want to first confirm this thing if the sccm client failed to install it will really affect a system to join into domain also ?????

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:51 PM
  • Hi Arunrana5050,

==>If the sccm client not installed can it really affect a system to join domain also?
    Based on my experience, no, it won't affect a system to join domain. If you are using Apply Network Settings TS step to specify the network or workgroup configuration information for the destination computer. The task sequence stores these values in the appropriate answer file. Windows Setup uses this answer file during the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr action.

Please make sure the network settings are configured correctly, then review the setupact.log, setuperr.log and netsetup.log to see if there is any further information for troubleshooting.

For more information, please refer to: Joining a domain during an OS deployment

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Check the smsts.log to validate what is causing the client install to fail.

SCCM Admin

• Proposed as answer by Levi111 Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:50 PM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:50 PM