none
Why does enabling EPM on IE 10 Win 8 Pro not force tabs to be sandboxed? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new computer with Windows 8 Pro.

I am able to install Bing Bar on IE 10 WITH EPM ENABLED! That should not be possible as Bing Bar doesn't work on IE 10 64 bit because the tabs are sandboxed in the 64bit version. (Yes, I restarted IE after enabling EPM...in fact I rebooted). 

Process Explorer shows the tabs are running as 32bit but since EPM is enabled tabs should be running as 64bit.

How do I get IE 10 on Win 8 Pro desktop to run as full 64 bit?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Help>About Internet Explorer tells you the bit-ness.

ModernIE is addons/plugins free and has no help menu.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:45 PM
  • No, Help-About IE does NOT tell the bitness. You need to use Process Explorer to see the bitness. 

I do not use Metro at all. I am talking about IE 10 on the Desktop. 

I want to know why, after I have enabled EPM in IE Internet Options/Advanced tab, and rebooted the computer, that I still do not have the tabs running as 64bit. On Windows 7 64bit,  those who have installed IE 10 report that doing this makes the tabs run as 64 bit. (Of course, on Win 7 they don't run in App container because Windows 7 64 bit can't do that) but Process Explorer does show the tabs running as 64bit onWin7 64bit. 

Why don't my tabs on Win 8 64bit now run as 64 bit and also why are they not running in App Container? Microsoft says all I need to do to get the tabs to run as 64 bit and in App Container on Win 8 is to enable EPM. That is not for working for me  and I would llke help in figuring out why.             

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2012/03/23/understanding-ie10-enhanced-protected-mode-network-security-addons-cookies-metro-desktop.aspx

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:24 AM