File Transfer is turned off error - 16.0.8326.2096 64-bit RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

Does anyone know or have experience when sending a print screen, just by pasting it CTRL + V in a chatbox, it gives the error "File transfer is turned off".

This machine is not joined into a domain, so no company policy applies, but the login for Skype is linked to a company domain

I've searched the options, but there's no option to turn this on/off.

For me sending a printscreen is working - Skype for Business version 16.0.7726.1049 32-bit

For my colleague it's an issue - Skype for Business version 16.0.8326.2096 64-bit

Friday, September 15, 2017 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Jimbo1984,

According to your description, did you mean that the issue just appeared on the specific user?

If the issue only appeared on the specific user, please try to use another computer test if there is the same issue and you could also run the command Get-CsUser in SFB management shell, then compare user attributes in AD between the affected user and other normal users.

Moreover, you said the affected computer is non domain joined, please try to use a domain joined computer test if there is the same issue.

For SFB client side, please also try to delete SFB cache files and install the latest update for it then test again.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 22, 2017 9:51 AM
    Monday, September 18, 2017 5:33 AM