Claims Authentication and InfoPath calling UserProfileService.asmx RRS feed

• Question

• We have an InfoPath form that we use through InfoPath Web Services  and calls the userprofileservice.asmx web service to retrieve the current user's account information.  On farms using classic mode authentication this works great.  On another farm we have claims configured so that FBA can be enabled.  When the form is opened the call to the web service fails with a (500) Internal Server Error.  Looking at the log the credentials are being passed as 0#.w|domain\username rather than just domain\username. 

The web application was created to use both windows and FBA authentication.  When we ran into this error we tried backing off from that, created a web application that was claims based but just windows authentication and still ran into the same problem. 

My question would be is there a way to fix this at the server level?  Beyond userprofileservice being called from an InfoPath form I can forsee calling other custom web services we have that require user authentication.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Friday, March 25, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi  Mark,

Infopath just doesn't work with multiple authentication. See this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010customization/thread/f56322bb-20b5-46d3-8b5b-e1d7549d8e65

I'm not too sure about the error 500, but on my SP server, i gotten a claims-windows authentication working. I did however encounter a 'user not found' error when i switch over from classic to claims. Turns out that i need to add my domain to my username before i query userprofileservice.asmx 

Regards,
    Patrick

Regards, Patrick
    Monday, March 28, 2011 2:43 AM
  • Yeah I saw that thread and a solution about setting the account then querying the web service.  The issue is we have multiple domains, otherwise I could use the username() function within InfoPath and just hardcode prefix the domain.  But with multiple domains I do not know which domain the user belongs to - the reason for calling the web service in the first place.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 1:27 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I have the same situation as yours, did you get any workaround for the same? if so can you please explain the same?

Regards,
    Sudhish

Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:52 PM