c:\windows\windowsmobile folder needs to delete RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam

I am not able to delete c:\windows\windowsmobile folders its giving me u need permission............. even i have full permission for Domain Admin, loacl Administrators and user account... I took the ownership also for this folder and removed inheritance permission from parent......... Its needed to delete this folder........... can anybody help what can be case for this........... i have windows Vista

Thanks & Regards

Vishal Sharma

Sunday, September 5, 2010 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Vishal Sharma,

When you say c:\windows\windowsmobile do you refer to Windows Mobile Device Center?

To remove Windows Mobile Device Center folder, it is suggested to uninstall it from control panel first.

1. Close the Windows Mobile Device Center software.
    2. Click the Start button.
    3. Select Control Panel.
    4. Select Uninstall a program.
    5. Click to and highlight Windows Mobile Device Center.
    6. Click Uninstall
    7. "Preparing to remove..." will be displayed.
    8. If WMDC was not closed before attempting to uninstall, a warning screen may appear. Check Automatically close and click OK
    9. Windows Vista will now automatically uninstall WMDC.

Now please try to remove the folder. If any error received, please tell us the exact wording.

Hope it helps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:19 AM