none
Modify Shortcuts with Powershell in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Due to a file server migration, the path for the redirected  "Documents" folder will be changed to the new server or rather to the new DFS Namespace.

All the users have shortcuts to the last opened documents in their personal folder

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent.

After the Migration, all these links Pop up with an error, because the won't find the linked files.

I  tried to change the path in every Shortcut with a powersehll file, but it's not working because of the permissions in this specific folder called "Recent". The script is ok, it'll work in any other directory.

Does anybody know, how to adjust the security in this Folder or how to change the path of the shortcuts in this Folder?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• It's me again.

My Problem is solved because editing an existing Shortcut works.

And all I want is change the path in existing Shortcuts, I don't want to create a new one.

The script to do this is available on this page http://stackoverflow.com/questions/484560/editing-shortcut-lnk-properties-with-powershell

• Marked as answer by clever4ever Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:45 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:45 AM
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved by yourself. Thanks for sharing, I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition:)

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:45 AM