Just released: Version 6.1.7599.0 of the Operations Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 R2 RRS feed

Answers

• Hello Michelk - I'm very glad to hear that the new functionality that we're adding into the OpsMgr MP is allowing you to simplify your environment!  That is defintely one of our goals with these releases.

As to the issue you pointed out about the "Management Pack" parameter not showing you a complete list of MPs from your environment, we've confirmed that this is a bug in our report.  We will get this fixed and an update released as soon as possible.

In the meantime you can work around the problem by doing the following:
    -- Close all windows of the Operations Console
    -- Open the "Region and Language" control panel applet
    -- On the "Formats" tab change your "Format" to "English (United States)"
    -- Open the Operations Console and then the reports and the MP list should work as expected
    NOTE: Once you've opened the operations console you should be able to change your "format" back

I hope this helps!
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I’ve tested this MP in our LAB. And the first impression is good. Because now more and more monitors scenarios are implemented by default I can now delete my own workaround monitoring scenarios and that a good way to less my mp code maintenance tasks.. So keep on coming with new releases ;-)

BUT I’ve detected a strange issues with version. The data Volume reports give me only the unsealed MP to select. I'm missing all the sealed MPs. I checked if there is data stored from  sealed MPs in the DHW and yes there is.

Any idea ?

Michel

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:59 AM
  • Hi Michel

I have escalated this to see if we can resolve. I had precisely the same problem on the beta release. Could you please confirm:
    - operating system and service pack for SQL and RMS
    - version of SQL being used

Cheers

Graham
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:14 AM
  • Graham,

- operating system and service pack for SQL and RMS
    SQL v6.0.6648.0 , RMS 6.1.7599.0
    - version of SQL being used

SQL Sp3 CU6 (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4266.00 (X64)   Oct  7 2009 17:38:17   Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2))

Michel
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:50 AM
  • Hello Michelk - I'm very glad to hear that the new functionality that we're adding into the OpsMgr MP is allowing you to simplify your environment!  That is defintely one of our goals with these releases.

As to the issue you pointed out about the "Management Pack" parameter not showing you a complete list of MPs from your environment, we've confirmed that this is a bug in our report.  We will get this fixed and an update released as soon as possible.

In the meantime you can work around the problem by doing the following:
    -- Close all windows of the Operations Console
    -- Open the "Region and Language" control panel applet
    -- On the "Formats" tab change your "Format" to "English (United States)"
    -- Open the Operations Console and then the reports and the MP list should work as expected
    NOTE: Once you've opened the operations console you should be able to change your "format" back

I hope this helps!
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Hi Cory,

Thanks for the fast response. I can confirm that the work around is working okay.

And for the people that can't wait to implement this report but can't implement the rest of the updated OM engine mp yet. I can say that it work also without importing the other OM engine mps. Just only import the "Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.Reports.2007.mp" file and go the report workspace. (don't forget to do the workaround)

Michel

www.thebackbone.nl
    www.stateview.nl

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:30 PM