none
windows photo viewer can't open picture RRS feed

• Question

• hi experts

i encountered below issue on windows 7 .

the default App - windows photo viewer can't open some JPG format file imported from my Android phone and got below error message.

"windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space."

but this is not the fact , actually machine has much of free memory.

the strange thing is that the same file can show its thumbnail and also can be opened by App mspaint.exe

I tried to delete ICC profile in color management but it is no use. 

could you please help ?

thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hello

Support for Windows 7 has ended on January 14, 2020.  This means that your computer running Windows 7 will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide the following:

• Technical support for any issues
    • Software updates
    • Security updates or fixes

We recommend you upgrade to windows 10 to stay secure and experience better features.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/windows?rtc=1&activetab=tab:shopwindows10

Best regard,

Sylvia

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:40 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regard,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 9:52 AM
  • Actually Windows Media Player can open photos,just go to WMP library,select photos.If its not listed,R.click bottom L.corner of WMP/select:show menu bar.This gets you Tools/options/edit the menu shown,upper task bar.

Also,as far as memory goes/R.click my computer/properties/Advanced/Virtual Memory tab/Advanced/Change button. With  C: highlited,set to: Let System Manage  click set 2X close out,restart pc.This works with all storage drives,it increases the Page File defaults.Follow the link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions//cc751291(v=technet.10)

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:25 AM