MDT issue when creating image RRS feed

• Question

• Wonder if anyone can help. I have set up MDT on a hyper-v virtual machine and am trying to create the image on another virtual machine. I have the LiteTouchPE_x86.iso file on my local machine and have it set as a boot CD on my VM but when I fire it up I get the following error. "A connection to the deployment share (\\Ip Address\DeploymentShare$) could not be made. Connection OK. Possible cause: invalid credentials". At this point I have pressed F8 and set the deployment share folder to the X: drive using net use and the same credentials that I have in the Bootstrap.ini. My Bootstrap.ini contains the following

[Settings]

Priority=Default

[Default]

Deployroot=\\ip\DeploymentShare

SkipBDDWelcome=Yes

UserDomain=XXX

UserID=XXXXX

UserPassword=XXXXXXX

Does anyone have any ideas? I have trawled through other articles but have tried everything that I have come accross so far.

Friday, July 4, 2014 12:50 PM

Answers

• The only thing I can think of is to try and use the 'Completey regenerate the boot images' option, rather than the 'Optimize' option, but maybe you already did.

Friday, July 4, 2014 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Benson,

maybe it's too easy. But I notice that you don't have the $ in your bootstrap.ini

Deployroot=\\ip\DeploymentShare$

That should work better.

(don't forget to regenerate the ISO when you make a change in the bootstrap.ini)

Leon

• Edited by Leon Hament Friday, July 4, 2014 1:03 PM additional information
    Friday, July 4, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Hi Leon

Unfortunatly that was just a typo here on the site not in the ini.

Friday, July 4, 2014 1:20 PM
  • The only thing I can think of is to try and use the 'Completey regenerate the boot images' option, rather than the 'Optimize' option, but maybe you already did.

Friday, July 4, 2014 2:24 PM
  • I didn't actually, I'll give that a go. Cheers.
    Friday, July 4, 2014 3:31 PM