Wildcards in restricted internet sites RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Greg W, in Windows SteadyState Web Addresses Allowed section, you can add "library2go.lib.overdrive.com" so that patrons can browse the site without using wildcards in that section.

Do you mean that only allowing patrons to access home page of the site? If that is the case, it seems that this cannot be done by using Windows SteadyState.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, July 2, 2010 1:56 AM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Greg W, in Windows SteadyState Web Addresses Allowed section, you can add "library2go.lib.overdrive.com" so that patrons can browse the site without using wildcards in that section.

Do you mean that only allowing patrons to access home page of the site? If that is the case, it seems that this cannot be done by using Windows SteadyState.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, July 2, 2010 1:56 AM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 2:02 AM
  • I actually want to restrict patrons to only being able to access a single page (ContentDetails.htm) on the library2go.lib.overdrive.com.  I don't want them being able to visit any other page on that site.

It doesn't sound like it's possible with SteadyState, but if anyone else has any other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them (I thought about using the windows hosts file, but it doesn't appear that will work either.)

-Greg W.

Friday, June 25, 2010 11:46 PM