Desktop client crashes and views lost RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

It happened a few times that our proclarity client crashes or report an error during publication of a book.

However yesterday after an error during publication some views disappear from the server.

It seems that publication had started but was incomplete.

Does the application not supposed to use transaction ?!

I  did some tests and I notice that during a publication if I look at the same book from the Web client the views are first deleted and then recreated one by one.

Is it possible to configure something to prevent the loss of data in case of crashes or to protect users from themselves (killing app if publication is too long Smile )

Thank you for any help.

Friday, April 25, 2008 3:43 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Cedric,

This could be due to the size of the briefing book.  There is a known issue where if there are too many views in a briefing book publishing the book back to PAS results in an OLE error followed by a number of the views being deleted from the book database.  There is no current fix for this however there is a workaround.  What you will want to do is break the book(s) down to a smaller size.  The recommendation is to have a briefing book for each department or subject, then limit the number of views to 25.

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:52 PM