Internet mail user in Domino receive a common email with winmail.dat for meeting created in Exchange by CDO, not MR. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am experiencing an issue.

User A is in Exchange server, I called CDO with this mailbox to create a meeting, one of the recipients (User B) is in Domino Lotus, the meeting can be written successfully into Exchange server, then User B should receive a MR, but he received a common email with an attachement "winmail.dat".

Sending from Outlook works fine.

CDO version is 1.21 (6.5.8244.0)

I tested this case in Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 in the same domain, the issue is same. However all things works well in another domain with a Ex2010.

I can't figure out what difference with these env. and if the issue is relative with configuration at Exchange side or Domino side?

Please help.

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Friday, December 7, 2012 12:15 PM not vsto-technology related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:30 AM (From:Where is the Forum For…?)
    Friday, December 7, 2012 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Since the issue does not occur between the Exchange domains, I think there must be issues with the Domini domain. You can confirm with the domain admin and see whether the issue happen when they having meeting request with other Exchange domains.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:24 AM