SCSM 2012RC Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I've begun to mess around with creating Tasks in the SCSM console, and was hoping to utilize the GPRESULT command to examine the Computer policies being applied as well as the User Policies. Ideally, I would like to be able to run this command as the current logged on user. Is this possible?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:26 PM

Answers

• Provided the current logged on user has permissions to perform this operation on the remote machine, issuing the following command should work:

gpresult /s [computer] /r

• Marked as answer by SirKoon Monday, April 2, 2012 2:33 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:32 PM

All replies

• Provided the current logged on user has permissions to perform this operation on the remote machine, issuing the following command should work:

gpresult /s [computer] /r

• Marked as answer by SirKoon Monday, April 2, 2012 2:33 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:32 PM
  • Just a value add.

If the details of the computer such as computer name are added to the case, I am sure you can also pass the value stored in the incident itself to the command in the same way that force-activate works, where the value for inc number is passed on to the command

http://blogs.litware.se/?p=646

Hope this helps,

F.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Friday, March 23, 2012 5:38 AM
  • Yes Fletcher, that is what I am hoping to do; I should have bee more clear. I would like the gpresult command to utilize the affected user, and the affected configuration item (computer) for the gpresult command parameters.

Something like this?

gpresult /user [affected user] /S [affected user CI]

Thanks!

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:51 PM