none
Project Server 2010 - Resources not showing in Project center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am trying to create a project, and assign a few people to it as resources, so far, I've done the following:

1. Create the project in Project Professional 2010 (server is also 2010)

2. Save and publish the project on the Server

3. Open the project

4. Build team for the project, selected 3 people total, including me, add, save&close

5. When I try to assign any resource to a task, I don't get the possibility to either choose from the dropdown, nor to type a new resource. It is not a permissions issue, administrator account also doesn't get to see anyone. My own account is a member of Project managers group

Since I'm forced to use a less-than-strong-enough machine to host the Server, I assume that the problem might come from there. However, there is no change for a while, the project itself is not a large one, and there are only three resources.

Any hints?

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:27 PM

Answers

• Well, it seems I was right.

Everything started working properly after I selected "edit in pwa" by clicking the edit button, both the edit capabilites in pwa and the resource dropdown menu. The other option was "Edit in Project Professional", and I suppose it was set by default since the project was created in it.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Raptus Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:59 PM
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hello Raptus.

Try adding the role "Resource Manager" to your user account and see if you can add resources to the tasks.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:36 PM
  • Hello Michael, thank you for the swift response.

Tried assigning resource manager to myself, nothing has changed.

I also noticed that I am not able to edit the project in any way, that is, cannot insert new tasks, edit existing ones or anything. I was told that everything is ok when using Project Professional.

Is it possible that projects created by PP2010 cannot be edited by PWA?

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Well, it seems I was right.

Everything started working properly after I selected "edit in pwa" by clicking the edit button, both the edit capabilites in pwa and the resource dropdown menu. The other option was "Edit in Project Professional", and I suppose it was set by default since the project was created in it.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Raptus Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:59 PM
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:59 PM