none
Server Application Unavailable (Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.PSIAuth.Authentication.GetUserByName) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

if I try to access PWA 2007 I see an unexpected error. When disable custom error messages, I see

Server Application Unavailable

Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.PSIAuth.Authentication.GetUserByName
    Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJContext.AuthenticateUserForPWA
    Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJContext.AuthenticateUserForPWA

What can cause this issue? How can I further analyze this?

An iisreset does not fix the error, but a server reboot. The error occurs regularly, roughly every week.

Thanks for any advice

John

John
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:17 AM

Answers

• Identify the time, Check the ULS and Event viewer logs when the issue occurred.

Have you tried to restart "Project application service" in cenral admin instead server reboot?

Have you tried to re-save the shared services provider with the SSP account password?

Identify the services which are stopped in "services.msc" when you experience the issue. Compare them after reboot.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hello John,

It could be anything.  I would first look at the pools that the account is assocated with and verify that the account has not expired or locked.

It also looks like the user does not have access to PWA.  Check in the User Profile and very that they have at least one role defined.

Does the error come and go?  Is it possible a backup routine is locking the databases to single sign on and you are logging in while the backups are still happening.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Hi,

as I said after a reboot everythings works again. So accounts and permissions are ok. Then it takes some days and the error reappears.

Any thought?

John

John
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:48 PM
  • Identify the time, Check the ULS and Event viewer logs when the issue occurred.

Have you tried to restart "Project application service" in cenral admin instead server reboot?

Have you tried to re-save the shared services provider with the SSP account password?

Identify the services which are stopped in "services.msc" when you experience the issue. Compare them after reboot.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:17 PM