WIFI Management via Server 2008 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys.

Basically, at the college i go to, our computer username's and passwords are the same for the WiFi login page. i want to do something like that. I currently live in a flat with people who don't have internet, but they want to use mine. i know how to set-up a separate network for my stuff to keep it separate, but i would like a create a login page for others to login to my WiFi instead of creating a WiFi password then changing it if i don't want someone on it. I also want to be able to manage them users, to block and allow them internet access, plus reset their password e.t.c.

I have my internet port on my router wired through my server as the internet runs through my phone. Is there any way to create a login page like using something like IIS7, where i can create user domain accounts they use to login to the WiFi with?

Thanks for any help :)

P.S: Just found out my router doesn't support WPA2 Enterprise, i dont know why.

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• What hardware is being used? Much easier to use a guest account setup on access point.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:52 AM
  • I have setup a guest wifi network, but i need a login page. 

I have a Netgear JWNR2010 V5 router, with a customized Dell server (Server 2008 R2, 4GB ram, 260GB HDD)

I want to be able to have already registered domain users only to be able to access the wifi so i can easily manage their accounts.

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:56 PM
  • This one may help.

http://geekswithblogs.net/frankw/archive/2008/05/18/forms-authentication-with-active-directory-in-asp.net-2.0.aspx

I'd ask them more over here.

http://forums.asp.net/

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Yeah that kind of makes sense. I'm not really into HTML coding though.

I'll ask this question over there.

Is there any other method of doing it?

Thanks

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:42 PM
  • No doubt there are other methods but all will involve some sort of custom coding to implement.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:45 PM