none
Outlook 2016 - Additional Numbers Not Saving When Updating Contact

Question

• I received a call from one of our users that no matter how many times he tried he could not input a phone number into an existing contact in his profile.  While troubleshooting I attempted to add a phone number:

- I expanded the mobile number drop down, inputted the number and attempted to save. The window flickered and closed without saving.

- For time sake I simply deleted the contact and re-inputted the information for time sake.

Thank you in advance for any help. 

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue happen to all Contacts or just specific contact? Is there any custom view applied fro Contact folders?

I suggest we can restart Outlook 2016 with the following switches to have a try:

Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe to start Outlook in safe mode, go to Contact folder, double-click this item to open it and add Phone Number. Confirm if you can save it and update it. Type Outlook /cleanviews in Run to start Outlook with all default views.

Also make sure you have installed the latest update on your Office 2016.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:29 AM
  • all contacts
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 5:38 PM