none
Windows 10 1703 - OS Deployment Network Error

Question

• Hi

I've SCCM 1702 and want to deploy Windows 10 1703 Enterprise (or Pro).

Everything works fine. but in the end of the tasksequence i'm getting an error from "Network" => Something went wrong.

There's the possibility to skip or retry. After confirmation the logon Screen will be displayed. Computer is Domain join and everything works fine.

same Situation with MDT.

I suspect it's something with Internet Access. in my Environment, the Computer object himself don't have Internet Access rights.

Has someone the same Problem?

Thanks,

Daniel

Thursday, May 04, 2017 6:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Share the SMSTS.LOG from C:\Windows\CCM\Logs
    Thursday, May 04, 2017 6:10 AM
  • FYI: the Tasksequence works fine with Windows 10 1607. and in some Environments I was successfull with the following Configuration in the answerfile:

<HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>

I believe it depends on the Network Connection you have....

Thursday, May 04, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I have seen the same issue and reported it, It is only shown if you don't have any internet connection as you wrote on the machine when deploying it. I will update this thread when I hear something..

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Thursday, May 04, 2017 6:38 AM
  • With 1607 it works, with 1703 it does not. Okay.

- Does 1703 join to domain? Probably not. What about LAN ethernet driver, could that be missing?
    - Does the device have a native eth adapter or using some USB<->Eth adapters?

With 1703 I have seen, that it does not recognize absolutely 100% all devices that 1607 did. Updating drivers might be required...

Please remember to mark my post as an answer, if I really helped you out, or vote if usefull. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Domain Join works fine. Problem Exists with every Hardware and also virtual machines. depending on the Internet Connection the skip WLAN Setting works fine. so, I don't think it's a Driver Problem.
    Tuesday, May 09, 2017 11:05 AM
  • Okay, I´m sorry, I didn´t understand your issue properly at the start. Is there any chance to get a screenshot of the error, and what is the STEP's exact name in TS which is failing? You may answer this only, if you will not get any help from others.

Please remember to mark my post as an answer, if I really helped you out, or vote if usefull. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 11:37 AM
  • Hi,

There are a couple of other threads on this, in my case adding the following fixed the problem by adding            <SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE> as shown below.

<settings pass="oobeSystem">
            <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State">
                <OOBE>
                    <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
                    <ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC>
                    <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
               <SkipMachineOOBE>true</SkipMachineOOBE>

There are other reports about restricted groups and UAC beeing the issue.. 

http://www.mcgowan.id.au/blog/fix/fix-windows-10-1703-something-went-wrong-during-osd/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebb578c7-f912-4606-a267-52028cac40c0/1703-something-went-wrong-message-during-oobe?forum=win10itprosetup

I hope that helps!

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 12:54 PM
  • Hi Jörgen

You're right. in my case works SkipMachineOOBE too.

Thanks,

Daniel

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:52 AM
  • Glad that you've got it work. To make it easier for others to find the solution, click 'Mark as answer' below the reply which helps resolving this issue. Thanks in advance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:39 PM