none
Failing to Install this patch (KB4103725) (Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012 R2 for 64based Systems)

Question

• Hello Support,

These two patches (KB4103725) & KB4093114 failing to be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, one patch is for April/May, please assist I tried everything, I even tried to install manually, after installation the server reboots & then undo all the changes afterward. Please, HELP URGENTLY SOMEONE, I will appreciate it.

Friday, May 18, 2018 1:20 PM

All replies

• Might check the \windowsupdate.log file for an error code. Also try repairing system and servicing health by running;

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 18, 2018 2:25 PM
  • Hello Dave,

I ran sfc /scanow & found no errors, but im worried to run that second command, as the server is the domain controller, not sure if it will cause some issues.

But below is the error message, receiving, please take a look & let me know.

Below is my direct number: (703) 608-9955 please call me.

Failure    Content Install    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800f0922: 2018-05 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 for x64 (KB4099635).

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:00 PM
  • The second command should not cause any problems. .Net errors such as this can be difficult to overcome. The safer / much simpler method is to build a new one.

I'd use dcdiag / repadmin tools to verify health correcting all errors found before starting. Then I'd stand up the new guest, patch it fully, license it, join existing domain, add active directory domain services, promote it also making it a GC (recommended), transfer FSMO roles over (optional), transfer pdc emulator role (optional), use dcdiag / repadmin tools to verify health, when all is good you can decommission / demote old one.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:07 PM
  • Dave, based on the error, I have send to you, can you please let me know though the exact issue, why this patch is not being able to install. It does get installed on another windows server 2012 R2 machine. Building a new one is not an option for me, I do have both .Net 3.5 / 4.5 Installed on the server though.

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:20 PM
  • You can try the .Net repair tool here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

or also ask for more help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=netfxsetup&sort=relevancedesc&brandIgnore=True&searchTerm=0x800f0922

Building a new one is by far the safest / fasted / cleanest method to recovery.

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:30 PM