none
System State Inconsistent when protection moved to secondary DPM Server 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have moved protection for several protected servers from the primary to the secondary dpm 2010 server.  All BMR, System Protection, and Volumes were working correctly on the PRimary DPM server.  Disk size is/was adequate.  Now, only the volumes are backing up correctly on the secondary.  The BMR option is not available anymore.  The "system protection" is constantly showing "replica inconsistent".  I can do a local backup on each PS without error using WSB.  Running BMRbackup on the Protected Server does not result in an error, but it flashes by so fast I can't see anything.  Oddly enough, I'm getting the following error in the system log. 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Remote Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID.... 

It is referencing the user from the primary DPM server.  Domain\DPMPrimary$

What do I need to do in order to get the BMR and System Protection back up and running on the secondary DPM 2010 server?

Friday, November 4, 2011 3:15 PM

All replies

• Update:  If I move protection back to the primary, Bare Metal recovery and system state show back up with OK protection status!
    Monday, November 7, 2011 9:23 PM